Benefits to the Local Communities
In addition to providing clean and green power to the grid, Coso Operating Company has a long track record of being responsible stewards of the environment and the natural resources under its control. The Coso Geothermal projects also have been a major economic benefit to Inyo and Kern County residents. As the largest private taxpayer in Inyo County, Coso has generated over $140 million in property taxes and has provided substantial revenue from the BLM royalty process and sales tax. The Company is one of the largest private employers in the area and purchases goods and services from more than 50 local businesses. It also is a major supporter of local schools, charities and community organizations. Coso Team Members are responsible members of the communities in which they live and are concerned about maintaining the quality of life and unique High Desert lifestyle.
Coso Operating Company strives to be a good neighbor:
- The Coso Geothermal project has contributed nearly $140 million in property tax revenue to Inyo County.
- BLM royalty payments provide additional sources of revenue to the County.
- Coso does business with more than 50 local businesses.
- Coso employs over 80 of your friends and neighbors who reside in the communities of Kern and Inyo counties.
- Supports the local schools, sports programs, charitable organizations and community events throughout Inyo and Kern counties.
- Provides scholarships for local students.
- 30 year partnership of investing in and working with Inyo County.
- Winner of President’s National Environmental Achievement Award.